Compliments of Andrew Perez, This drink is too smooth to qualify as moonshine, but if you're not careful, it could make you crazy like moonshine....
Moonshine Grill, Austin
- 1.5 oz. Treaty Oak Rum
- 1 oz. Paula's Texas Lemon
- 2 lemon wedges
- 4 large mint leaves
- Fresh lemonade
- POM pomegranate juice
- Grapefruit juice (optional)
Muddle* lemon wedges, mint, Treaty Oak rum, and Paula's Texas Lemon in a tall glass. Fill glass with ice. Add a generous splash of POM and optional dash of grapefruit juice. Top off with lemonade. Garnish
with a mint sprig.
* What is muddling? Simply mashing, or crushing, the fruit and herbs with a pestle or wooden spoon to release the flavors.
Here's one to toast your "genius" of a graduate.
- 3 oz. gin
- 1 oz. Paula's Texas Orange
- Splash of Extra Dry Martini & Rossi vermouth
Shake ingredients with ice and strain into a martini glass.
Thanks to Jari Palvola, a Finnish transplant who knows his liquor!
APPLES 'N' ORANGES FIZZThis is a GREAT drink for parties. It is light and refreshing and goes a long way. Make up a big pitcher for guests to serve themselves.
Mix ingredients and serve over ice in a tall glass.
- 2 parts Paula's Texas Orange
- 2 parts club soda
- 1 part apple juice
- 1 part fresh-squeezed lemon juice
Don't forget Paula's Texas Orange and Paula's Texas Lemon make a great gift or hostess gift! Look for our two-pack gift set at selected liquor stores around town.