SPRING GARDEN PARTY
Compliments of Bill Norris,
Fino Restaurant, Austin
Get locally grown strawberries--they are divine compared to mass-produced ones.
- 1.5 oz. Tanqueray Ten, or other gin with lemon notes
- 1 oz. Paula's Texas Lemon
- .5 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1 or 2 whole strawberries
- 4 large basil leaves
Muddle* strawberry, basil, and Paula's Texas Lemon in shaker glass. Add gin and lemon
juice. Shake with ice and strain into chilled cocktail glass. Garnish
with strawberry slice and/or basil leaf.
* What is muddling? Simply mashing, or crushing, the fruit. Use a pestle or wooden spoon to break up the strawberry and basil leaves in the shaker glass.
Also served at Fino. Blood orange juice lends an exotic flavor and color.
- 1.5 oz. silver tequila
- 1 oz. PTO
- .5 oz. fresh blood orange juice
- Splash of fresh lime juice
Shake ingredients with ice and strain into a martini glass.
PTO-ladaMove over pina colada...
This one is from our friend Norm Walsh, who is, as far as we know, our biggest fan in Massachusetts. We think he has good taste even though he buys coconut-flavored rum.
Mix ingredients and serve over ice in a tall glass.
- 1 oz. dark rum
- 1 oz. coconut-flavored rum
- 1 oz. Paula's Texas Orange
- 4 oz. pineapple juice
- Splash of fresh lemon juice
|For more cocktail ideas, visit our website.|